Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mmm Mmm Mmmm!!

Alrighty...time for a nice refreshing post...and a few up to date pictures..yeeeaaah! So there really has been alot happening here lately, I just didn't realize it. The weather is getting alot warmer here as you will be able to tell from my pictures. Although as you may have seen on the news, we have been getting not "buckets" more like "sprayer tanks" full of rain here. The little town beside ours, got flooded with a few feet of water, and people were in their canoes maneuvering around to different locations with their trusty rakes as paddles..They must have lost their real ones..I went for a walk yesterday. I had to go to the yarn shop and purchase another skein of yarn for a darling baby sweater for my neighbor who is due any day now, and then I am knitting a pink one for my friend who is due in September. But here baby shower is at the end of May. So I have been knitting every chance I get. Anyways back to my story. I left after it had rained all morning and it was clearing up nicely and the sun was shining and the blue sky was peeking through the grey clouds. But by the time I got to the yarn store,against my better judgment of course, the clouds had returned and they were looking very angry, and like they were just going to let it all go. The minute I stepped out of the store, wouldn't you know it started to rain. And then God at that precise moment sent me my friend Lacy. She was going to the Chinese restaurant next door for the first time to pick up her take out. She only live3s a few blocks from me, and we started chatting about how I was going to get home, and I told here that I had planned on running really really fast. But she offered to take me home. She didn't have her 18 month with her , which is a rare occasion since her husband is on a boat every two weeks, and she had also just taken the stroller out of her truck and she had the car seat in the truck. Now how perfect was that? Totally a God thing!!
The day before Micaiah and I went on a walk, even though I wasn't feeling good. I thought if I got some fresh air that would help, but I was tired too, and almost turned around because I felt like I was going to throw up etc. but then I was better and we went to the beach, because we heard the waves pounding against the shore pretty good. It was the perfect day for surfing, and t here were a lot of surfers out there. The waves were at least 8 feet high, and the tide was high. So we got out a little blankie and set up "beach". Micaiah had a field day! Let me tell you. The pictures tell it all! Want some sand? Its seems awfully tasty!! Mmm Mmm Mmmm! Bird watching is also a new and fun thing for him! Oh yeah and did I mention the big news! There are two more teeth coming in! The top ones, but not the front ones, the ones beside the front ones, hes going to have some fangs I guess. And Micaiah is officially crawling!! Which means baby proofing has been my latest venture..the things he finds to get in to...This weekend is one of Jordan's few weekends that he doesn't have to stand watch! So tonight we are going to the movies and are going to see prince Caspian! I'm very much looking forward to that! I think he is going to take me out to eat too!
Well in a nutshell that sort of sums up a few things... I am busy spring cleaning too by the way. There is going to be a big yard sale on base and I have got a whole crib full of stuff already. Thats the nice thing about the Coast Guard. Downsizing is always neccesary becasue housing isnt very big. I think I am going to go and give Mary and Amanda a call and see how those girls are. Hope you all have a great day! Lots of Love, Dianna

7 comments:

Mary and Isaac said...

Hey! Thanks for calling. Nice pics. Looks like Micaiah is already posing for pics on demand:P
He does look alot like Jordan, but there's also something in his face that's definitely you.
Anyway, time for me to hit the shower. love you!
~ M

sugarnuggets said...

Ah yes, the eat everything in sight stage....yummo! It is time for babyproofing your world...but don't forget to leave a few touchable things out for atmosphere.

Aren't you glad for sunny days after the rain!?! Delish!!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Love you, TT

DANCING THROUGH LIFE said...

Heyhey!!!! Those are the cutest pics of him. I bet bet that sand tasted really good...Yummmy!!!! He is getting to big WAY to fast. He looks like you but he really looks like jordan in these pics.

Well got to go.

Love ya lots!!
(cause we cool like that!!!!)

Emily

The Nieuwhofs said...

I really like the pictures. He is growing up fast. Handsome grandson, if I may say so.
It is not quite beach weather here yet. Altough it was sunny and sixteen here today.
Have a great week. Love, DAD

Karen Nieuwhof said...

That's funny. How was the diaper after that session. Lots of grit. He's so cute Dianna!
Thank God for friends and dry cars. Isn't it amazing how HE looks after the little details of our lives. :)
Hope you had a great date night. I haven't seen that movie yet.
Happy teething and knitting. Love ya lots, Tante Karen

sugarnuggets said...

HI Dianna,

Craig just said what a cutey you have there! I just love it that you blog because of all the things you share about your daily life, baby and hubby. It is such a great way to stay in touch! Some people here don't understand how special it is to be able to check in like that. I just really appreciate it! Love you and keep posting baby! TT

Matt n Amanda said...

I read this post a LONG time ago and was just reading all the comments. I was shocked to find that I DIDNT... sorry. I really do love you and he is SO SO SO SO SO SO cute in this picture. I LOVE you and miss talking to you. You should call me sometime when you have time. I am saying that because I think I might actually have more of that than you do. Love you!