Saturday, September 27, 2008

uhhh...hi

This is so long overdue and I am soo sorry! I know you have likely been wondering where in the world I went!! While you have been pondering that question, I have been wondering where all the time is going?? Can't life slow down just a wee bit? I feel like my days are only two hours long, and thats only started to happen since Micaiah has been born..well enough on how frustrating it is that time flies. On to more cheerier things! Man..I dont even know where to start, its been months, so lets speed catch up! VBS was a great success, we had 35 kids this year, and weve already been asked to direct again next year, ofcourse we said yes, it was way too much fun! There is a Sonic here now! Yeay! Pete and Bek were here and it was a blast to have them here!! I had alot of fun..next time the stay has to be longer though. Mary came for a week too! It was really great to see them because I was starting to get a bit homesick, and I am very grateful that I got to see some of them! I am also looking forward to the possibility of going home for vacation next summer! A few weeks ago, we were able to have a really great visit with Jordan's mom and she was here for Micaiah's 1st birthday. He had a good time, He loved openeing the presents and was facinated with the wrapping paper, and tearing it into lots of tiny little pieces. After the presents were opened, we had some Dairy Queen cake! A huge treat, and we finished it a couple of weeks later finally..and thats enough cake until next year! Right now I am geting ready to start up Explorer Girls again! I cant wait! we start on Wed. and we will be kicking off the year with some tye dyeing and banana splits! Yum. I am working on a few visuals for the fundraiser and a few attendance charts. I spent the last few days this week making it look like fall around my house. I made a centerpiece that goes around my candle case thing, and I made a wreath,mom you would be so proud of me! It looks so nice and festive around here too,and the air is filled with the scent of cinnamon and fall...yummy. Alright thats a teeny update on our lives over here! Love you guys all and I will try to update sooner and a little more frequently from now on!

5 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

SO glad to hear all is well, and that you too are caught in the time warp that happens when you have kids. You wonder what you ever did with your time before hand...8D (Ask me how I know that...)

Take care...TT

Julie said...

If anyone has an excuse to miss blogging regularly it's a mommy! It was fun to visit with you guys and I hope everything is going well with your new little one now too! Your house sounds very cozy-- I know Jordan always enjoyed a cozy fall house when he was growing up, thanks for being the perfect wife!!

Hugs & Kisses to everyone,
Mommy

The Nieuwhofs said...

Glad to see you updated, but we talked so much on the phone this week, that I already know more then you updated. Where does the time go indeed. Micaiah is already one year old. My, it all goes so fast.
I can remember when you were that age. The wrapping paper was more important the the present.
So explorer girls is going well, sounds like you had a lot of fun the other day.
Hope you have a great weekend with the three or four of you. Let me know how that is going.
Love you guys, DAD.

Mary and Isaac said...

I think for my kid's first bday, I will wrap an empty box. Sounds like the perfect thing for a curious one year old... :D
I'm at school waiting for Isaac to finish his last class so we can go grocery shopping. What better time to catch up on everyone's lives.
How's Thanksgiving looking?
Love you!
~ Mary

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Phew! I'm glad you posted. I was missing you!
Yup... times goes too fast! Pretty soon you'll be saying that Micaiah is in grade 7 (just like I'm saying about Nicolle and shaking my head). :P
I was thinking about you and your VBS program as I was having ours. I'm so glad it went well and that you enjoyed it. I love it too. I've already started VBS 2009. Marten thinks I'm crazy. :D
I love the colors of fall. Your decorating sounds wonderful. Take some pictures.
I just found Jordan's postings and was glad to see pictures and hear about his wonderful family. I think that guy likes you. Hee, hee.
We luv ya here and miss ya. Tante Karen and gang