Friday, October 17, 2008

Its amazing how quickly things change around here as far as the foster adoption service goes. There is a sister of Saras mom who is more than willing to take her. The only thing she is needs is her house inspected to meet DYFS (Departmen of Youth and Family Services) requirements. The same requirements we needed to have here. So on monday, her house will be getting inspected, and then if it passes, then she will be leaving us...i am not thrilled about this at all. But I have to be happy for her though, she is going to be able to stay with her family. The thing that makes foster care easier on me, is knowing that the kids we have in our home, are placed in our home for a reason even if it is only for a short time..and that God knows exactly what they need, when they need it and for how long they need it. So next week we may be saying goodbye to her, but whatever happens, its what God wants!And thats what makes it easier. We are hoping to be going to Mary's for thanksgiving this year, which would be alot of fun!! We really do need to visit eachother more often, considering how close we live to eachother. Im am getting really excited about vacation next summer!! I cant wait! Thats one of the things I need to do today, is go through the pile of emails I have been recieving regarding the cottages, but its going to take a little longer than a few minutes...Well I have to get the kids ready for appointments this morning I hope you all have a great day!

2 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

Wow, I guess it can change in a hurry. It is soo good to know that the Master Caregiver is in ultimate control. We can leave it in His hand, and know that all is well. Hope you get all those e-mails sorted out. And you guys have a great visit with Mary and Isaac for Thanksgiving. Oh ya, and have a great weekend too. Love, DAD

Julie said...

She sure is a cutie pie... I'm sad to see her leave you, although I agree that she was in your hearts and in your home long enough for God to accomplish what He intended. I have a feeling a sister for Micaiah is not too far away... I'm sorry it wasn't this little beauty, but I'm excited to hear about who comes your way next!

How fun for you to have your sister so close! Thanksgiving will be wonderful for you all. Can you believe it's been TWO YEARS since Emily and I were there for that holiday?! Wow.

Loves to the boys, and big hugs for my best friend too!

Mommy