Thursday, February 05, 2009

This is how we hang in Jersey!

"Got a comfy couch, my apple juice and not a care in the world!" Now this is the perfect example of a sitting back and relaxing position. Micaiah is quite the little comic without even trying.. Well two days ago we got up at 5:30 and headed to the surgey center where Micaiah got tubes put in his ears. The surgery itself only took like 6 minutes and then the doctor came out and said that everything went fine and that there was fluid in both ears. That explained why the past three nights prior to the surgery Micaiah and I were up for most of the night. The poor little guy was so tired and exhausted from the lack of sleep. Once we were finished at the surgery center we went home, but stopped off at starbucks so that i could have my pick me up venti white hot chocolate, and a breakfeast sandwhich. Once we got home, Micaiah , Sarah and me all went down for a nap and 4 1/2 hours later we all woke up. It was the most lovliest nap I've had in weeks! The kids went to bed at 8 that night and we followed a couple of hours later. The next morning I woke up at 9..everyone was still breathing, but very nicely asleep. They woke up a few minutes later, and we had a great day. Micaiah has to get antibiotic drops in each ear. 3 drops 3 times a day for 3 days. Thats a fun time. Last night Micaiah was awake 3 times, and that was a little disappointing, but I got a great sleep the night before and it was just what I needed. When Micaiah wakes up during the night there is no other place I would rather be than by his side, mind you i do wish I could sleep, but if me holding him or rubbing his head and back comforts him, then there is nothing in the world that I would rather do than be there for him. it is sometimes tireing but it is such a treat to hold him and make him feel better. It makes me feel good. really good. So I had a spare moment and thought I would try and stay ahead and update. We really appreciate all of the prayers so much, I think it helped me alot knowing that there is so much family support out there. I hope you all have a great week! And take a tip from Micaiah. Sit back and relax with a bottle of apple juice or whatever your drink preference is at the moment! Cheers!

6 comments:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Now that's a touching story. Thanks for sharing that Dianna! It reminds me that all sacrifices are soooo worth it. Why do I grumble and complain so much? :( I'll take a lesson from you.
I hope he's feeling much better, poor little guy!
Love the picture. I'll go and get a drink and salute him and you!
Love to all, Tante Karen

The Nieuwhofs said...

It is a great thing that they can fix ears like that with tubes. And then he could sleep, and you guys too. Glad he is feeling better. Hope you have a great weekend. It was nice to talk to you as well this afternoon. Love you guys, DAD.

Matt n Amanda said...

I so loved all the pictures that you posted. I finally just looked at your blog again... it has been awhile. The picture with this post reminded me of caleb... I can definitely see the resemblance to our side of the family.. but I do think he looks a lot like jordan. Hope you are feeling better... thinking of you lots.. you should call me sometime. We almost got a home phone but it would have been an extra $30 a month plus our cell phone bill too. So we decided not to. Anyway... MAtt needs the computer again to study and I think that I might work on my scrapbook again. Love you!
Amanda

sugarnuggets said...

HI Dianna, What a fun guy, don't you just love those little moments. My favourite thing about tubes was that we could finally get off all those oral antibiotics and just use the topical drops,much better for the body.

Hope that it keeps going well and keep enjoying those mommy moments, you never regret those nights of missed sleep! Ever!!

Love ya, TT

Julie said...

Jordan was always the little comedian too-- that's where your little guy gets it, not to mention from his mom, who is a real hoot!

Glad to see your photos and hear that everything's going well!

Love You Lots!
Mommy

Mary and Isaac said...

I'm glad that Micaiah's doing better. I love the pic of him too.
I hope your quilting is going well. What was your patter for this one?
Love you!!
~ M